Kirk Allen has also been doing some testing of a Barefoot
E100 vs a Slider E100 vs a Slider + A Small Passive Loop (Select-a-Tenna
and others) His preliminary findings (article to follow soon) are very
much aligned with Kevin S's results.... Slider E100 is great by itself,
Slider E100 + Loop is even better! Like Kevin, all of Kirk's
testing has been on domestic channels.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
At 03:19 PM 1/2/2009 -0500, you wrote:
The stock E100 has a poorly shaped, flat
loopstick which makes inductive coupling with external passive loop
systems marginal at best. To my knowledge, every user of a Slider
E100 has found it superior in DX performance to a stock E100 with either
a Terk, SAT, Twin Coil, Q-stick, Quantum Loop or other accessory.
This is based on observations by Kirk Allen, Kevin Schanilec, myself and
These passive and active loop systems usually
provide a greater boost with other Ultralight radio designs, because of
better-designed stock loopsticks in these other models.
73, Gary DeBock
In a message dated 1/2/2009 12:06:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
- Is there an update on this, by way of a comparison between the
- slider antenna and the twin coil ferrite antenna?
- --- In
ultralightdx@..., D1028Gary@... wrote:
- > Hello Gary,
- > Recently John Bryant gave a plywood-mounted Slider E100 to
- Kirk Allen,
- > and I gave plastic-mounted Slider E100 models to Kevin
- and Colin
- > Newell.
- > Both Kirk and Kevin have mentioned that their Slider E100's
- > certain external antenna accessories in sensitivity, and Colin
- also has given
- > a similar great report..
- > As one of the designers of the Slider antenna, I try to avoid
- > of competing antenna systems, and let others give their own
- on its
- > superior capabilities. Within a few days, I think you will hear
- more about
- > these direct comparisons run by impartial observers, which of
- course will
- > persuade curious DXers much more than anything that I could
- > 73 and Good DX,
- > Gary DeBock
- > **************Make your life easier with all your friends,
- > favorite sites in one place. Try it now.
New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making