Re: Oregon Cliff Ultralight DU's for 7-18

Guy Atkins

Thanks for the very interesting report, Gary! Is your ocean cliff the access drive to the Cape Perpetua Lighthouse as we speculated before hand? A mile marker number or GPS coordinates of where you DXed from would be helpful. As you know, I'll be back at Yachats again with my family in September.

Keep an ultralight ear out for 621 Tuvalu; I've been trying for them with the SDR the last couple of trips to the coast without success...but it sounds like you are having nice, targeted results toward Kiwi land!

Have fun down in Yachats, and be sure to check out the excellent teas (and coffee) at The Green Salmon .

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

> Hello All,
>
> Thanks to Dennis and Steve for their interesting DU-DXing reports this
> morning.
>
> After tracking down a steep ocean side cliff on Highway 101 just south
> of Yachats, OR (near Cape Perpetua), I was able to set up with a 7.5"
> MW loopstick Tecsun PL-380 and 8" Medium Wave FSL (on a 5' PVC base)
> around 1100 UTC this early morning.

<SNIP>