Re: #500 heard on an ULR

Gary DeBock

Hello Richard,

     Thanks for your generous comments.

     Actually, except for a little ULR promotional work I enjoyed doing a year ago, it's been guys like you, John Bryant, Kirk Allen, Allen Willie, Rob Ross, Kevin Schanilec, John Cereghin and a multitude of other enthusiastic DXers carrying the Ultralight Radio cause forward, recently.  You guys are a phenomenal group, and I deeply appreciate the chance to watch the ULR group continue to boom, even if I spend most of my recent time tinkering with some bizarre new Slider loopstick transplants.  Congratulations on #500, Richard, and have a great Christmas!

     73,  Gary

In a message dated 12/23/2008 8:08:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, richarda@... writes:

I accomplished my goal of hearing 500 stations on a barefoot,
unmodified ultralight receiver by Christmas. A few minutes ago, at
0334 UTC I heard XEFQ 680, in Chihuahua, Mexico. Now I can rest
peacefully through the holiday.

Since beginning 3/27/08 I have logged identified stations from 35
states, five provinces,11 estados, and nine countries (including
Croatia, Japan and Spain). I'm amazed at what I've been able to hear
on these tiny sets, especially the Sony SRF-T615.

I especially wish to thank Gary DeBock for introducing us to this
aspect of medium wave DXing. I'd been out of the hobby for almost two
decades and the ULR definitely revitalized my interest. I also want
to express my thanks to everyone who has helped me, especially Kirk
Allen and John Bryant. Congratulations to Kirk on reaching 400. He's
catching up with me at a rapid pace. Now I'm on to catching up with
Rob.

My hope is all of you have an enjoyable holiday.

Richard Allen,
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK)