Re: Sticky E-100

Harry Taylor

James - this is a commonly reported problem in the Yahoo E-1 group. You can read of techniques many used to remove the sticky substance.  Most rub it off using 90% alcohol - reportedly a slow process.

From: James A. (Andy) Moorer
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:11 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Sticky E-100

Does anybody else have this problem?
My favorite E100 (and my E10 and E1) has this nice, hard grey plastic case.
Over the years, it seems to be getting sticky to the touch. Not only
that, it picks up lint and dirt now that it didn't when I got it.
The unit is over 5 years old. It still works great, but it feels like
the sticky side of duct tape.
Anybody else have this problem? Is there any fix for it?
Thanks.

--
James A. (Andy) Moorer
www.jamminpower.com