Re: ULR Station #400 Heard

Carl DeWhitt

---Congrats,Kirk on making 400!I am still working on 300 here in
Tennessee.I started my log here on Oct.8,i hope to be at 300 before
Jan.8 or 300 in 3 months.
73 and good dx
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville,Tn.
In ultralightdx@..., "Kirk Allen" <kirk74601@...> wrote:

Ho Ho Ho,

I'm happy to report station #400 made its way into my headphones
this
morning. About a month ago when I nailed #300, Rob Ross told me
that
now I could shoot for 400 by the end of the year. I truly didn't
believe I could pull it off. Well...somehow it happened anyway
despite my thinking.

900, KPYN, Atlanta, TX, 1305, 12/23, faded up to a good lvl abt a
minute before the ID by a southern accented M ancr...and I DO mean
Southern with a capital S! Ancd several phone numbers to call for
their trading post pgm (area code 903). Lcl wx, high today of 61
degrees...wow, that sounds good. Birthday greetings announced to
what
I speculate might have been the entire population of Atlanta, ha
ha.
By the way, Atlanta is in the extreme NE corner of TX, very close
both AR and LA.

I'd like to send my best wishes to everyone here for a Merry
Christmas and a prosperous and Happy New Year. Here's to 2008, it's
been a good year. I hadn't had this much radio fun in about 15
years.
Thank you to all who participate here sharing their tech insight
and
DX saavy.
Merry Christmas,

Kirk Allen