Re: Phillipines to Ireland on an UL

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

Hi Paul,

Wow, what a great catch Luzon is!! I can certainly understand why
your interest in the ULR's got 're-tweaked' if you will! Amazing what
these little rigs will hear. It's great to see you back in here.
73's,
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "paulloganradio"
<paulloganradio@...> wrote:

Hi all,

have been a little out of the UL loop recently, but one log the
other
day has got my interest going again.

12-19-08 16:35 utc VOA Poro Point, Luzon, Phillipines, 1170 khz fair
peak, om in special english talk about Pakistan / Afghan politics
during deep fade on English local.

First had this on my regular set up a few days back and was shocked
receive it at all - on an UL its astounding, especially considering
1170 isn't an easy frequency from here.

Distance is 6658 miles / 10715 km

Posted this the evening of the reception but I seem to be having
trouble emailing the group - mail from the group was also bouncing
so
I'm trying this from the group website.

Anyone else having any difficulties?

regards for now