Changing length of coil??

Mark/airchecklover

In determining correct coil inductance, sometimes you have to add length. When working with solid or even stranded copper, soldering-on a new section has never posed a problem. I've not yet tried to solder Litz. My impression is at minimum it's going to be difficult and perhaps sloppy with all those tiny insulated wires. Is this true? I've worked w/ tiny shielded mic cables - similar to an earbud cable. Sometimes burning the lacquer insulation around the tiny strands is the only way to get a solder connection. And sometimes the wires are so fine, they go up in smoke along with the lacquer. Is it the same w/ Litz? Is there a technique?

Mark