Re: Vertical antenna ideas for MW ?

Carl DeWhitt

---I found a helical type vertical antenna here that might be worth
trying.
http://am-dx.com/vertical.htm
There are other useful antenna links on the site.
There also some commercial active antennas that use a vertical whip
element such as this one:MFJ-1020C
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1020C
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville,Tn.

In ultralightdx@..., "Carl DeWhitt" <carl_elissa@...>
wrote:

Since vertical antennas favor lower angle signals,i wonder if a
vertical antenna might be useful for logging stations on am
frequencies
that otherwise might not be heard ?I have seen helical vertical
antennas for ham radio including 40 meters.I am wondering if there is
design in existance for MW frequencies.Metal whip antennas that come
on
some older cars are the only vertical type i have seen so far.Perhaps
this is an area we can do some experimenting in.Of course one
drawback
might be that verticals are more prone to electrical noise
pickup.Perhaps they would be helpful in quiter reception areas.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville,Tn.