Vertical antenna ideas for MW ?

Carl DeWhitt

Since vertical antennas favor lower angle signals,i wonder if a
vertical antenna might be useful for logging stations on am frequencies
that otherwise might not be heard ?I have seen helical vertical
antennas for ham radio including 40 meters.I am wondering if there is a
design in existance for MW frequencies.Metal whip antennas that come on
some older cars are the only vertical type i have seen so far.Perhaps
this is an area we can do some experimenting in.Of course one drawback
might be that verticals are more prone to electrical noise
pickup.Perhaps they would be helpful in quiter reception areas.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville,Tn.