Re: New Country

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...>

Kirk,

Congratulations on hearing PJB-800! The TWR interval signal
is definitely an attention-getter!

I first heard PJB back in June 1977 when I was in graduate
school in Fort Worth, TX. My log shows that I heard it using
a Hallicrafters S-38B connected to a home-made air-core "Wedge"
loop. That loop is now history, but I still have the radio
stored in the "vault" (the office closet).

TWR is usually a good verifier. I know it's been 31 years ago,
but I got my QSL card from them in only 19 days, signed by a
lady named Saralynn Flaming in their Mail Department. A recent
copy of "Passport to World Band Radio" should have a good address
and name for you to use, if you want to send a report.

73 and Good DX,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX