From: "D1028Gary@..."
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:19:54 PM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Ultralight Longwave DX-- One New NDB (testing out 7" FSL for Rob)

Hello All,

To assist Rob in his chase of exotic NDB-DX a new 7" Longwave FSL was
constructed for him this week, with reddish Litz wire, white PVC pipes,
and blue inner padding. Since this little beast will probably be
spending some serious time "out on the ice" the color scheme was
designed to match that of Rob's favorite hockey team-- but even if the
Habs fall out of his favor, maybe this red, white and blue FSL will
remind Rob of the antenna's country of origin?

During final testing last night the sensitive new antenna was checked
out in NDB reception around 0830 UTC, and within 5 minutes was able to
snag a new beacon that had never been heard here previously (from
Canada, of course):

248-QL Lethbridge, Alberta (Ultralight NDB # 223)

This new 7" FSL will undoubtedly help Rob bury me in NDB-DXing totals
before long, so it is with some reluctance that I send it off to London
:-)

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" LW loopstick PL-380 + "Rob Ross" 7" Longwave FSL (photo at
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?97r63uz9r7duf1z )