From: "KeithB" <keith1226@>
To: <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:58 PM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Rural use of Kchibo KK-912T ULR

Steve,

Thanks for sharing your impressions of the '912T. Sorry you didn't have
better results with it at your rural QTH.

The band select (AM/FM) always defaults back to FM after the radio has
been powered off. Don't know if I remembered to mention this.

All the LEDs work on mine: AM, FM, SW, and "tune."

Maybe with your knowledge of electronics, you can figure out a way to
disable the "squelch" and tune in more distant stations; or boost
sensitivity by adding external antennas.

As you said, it's probably designed more with the urban listener in mind.
It's not going to give the '310 or '380 much competition for hearing DX
stations, but at c. $20. delivered, it is an interesting toy.

Keith B.
Seattle WA USA