Re: E100 tuning knob issues?

Brandon Jordan <bcdx.org@...>

Hi Gary,

After reassembling the radio and pulling the knob out slightly, I am
still feeling a bit of binding on part of the revolution. I'd
appreciate seeing the picture, and also, any suggestion where one
might best find lithium grease.

Thanks,
Brandon

The E100 tuning knob binding issue is a common problem that
affects
about half of the new units.

If pulling the tuning knob slightly outward does not correct the
problem, disassembly and placing a slight amount of lithium grease
on the tuning
shaft bearing will almost always solve the problem. I have found
it necessary
to do this on about four units, and each time it solved the problem
completely. A photo of the procedure is available on request, to
anyone troubled by
this issue.