Re: ULR DX...LONGWAVE Beacons.........Need Help!! This is a Weird one!!! Can't believe it actually!!

Gary DeBock

Well Rob,

Congratulations on the 250-2J logging, and the reception of B.C.
province. Now that NDB-DXing expert Steve has said that the propagation
path was possible, it's likely that you had somewhat of a sunset skip
boost to receive it, since our local sunset would have been just before
that time. In any case, it's a fantastic logging, which I'm sure must
have been a big thrill on your 7.5" LW loopstick PL-380!

West coast NDB-chasers all know that B.C. province has a lot of
powerhouse beacons, many of which can be received at great distances.
You might have a tougher time receiving a Washington state beacon,
though. It's the same way with Canadian beacons from the East-- lots of
powerful Ontario and Manitoba beacons come in here, but I've yet to
receive any American states around them (except for 365-AA on the
border between ND and MN).

73, Gary