From: Jay Heyl
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Protective Case for E100 Slider Radios

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Guy Atkins <dx@guyatkins.com> wrote:

Hi Gary & Kevin,

The Pelican model 1200 case would be very nice for protecting an E100 with 7.5" slider antenna, assuming the radio has a compact mounting method such as the section of plastic level that Gary uses. I have a couple of up-close photos of the 1200 on my blog:

Nothing at all against Pelican, but those looking to evaluate alternatives might also want to look at Stormcase. Same basic concept as the Pelicans with a few different features that may or may not make them a better choice for a particular application. The Stormcase 2050 is comparable to the Pelican 1200.

I bought a large Stormcase that safely and securely holds most of my radio gear in one case. I've been very happy with it.

I'd also recommend www.cases4less.com as a source for both Pelican and Stormcase products. Their prices are very competitive and I was happy with the service when I bought my Stormcase a couple years ago.

  -- Jay