Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] 230 foot Beverage on ground worth running?- FARMERIK

One wouldn't anticipate lightning strikes during the winter months. Keeping the radio disconnected and the wire adequately grounded when not in use should help that.

But you were probably more interested in comments about length. Generally speaking, a BOG of a given lngth is roughly equal in performance to an elevated antenna of twice that length. I think it'd be worth a try.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id

FM: Yamaha T-80 & Onkyo T-450RDS w/ APS9B @15'; Grundig G8