GS Ultralight Loggings Nov. 30, 2008

Greg Shoom <shoomg@...>

Ultralight loggings for Sun. Nov. 30, 2008. All stations logged from Toronto, ON. Dates and times in UTC.

Three more stations added to the ultralight log. Total ultralight count: 212.

1490 WBTA NY Batavia - 30-Nov-2008 1305 UTC - News. Two IDs. Sunday morning religious program. 1 / 0.71 kW. Sangean DT-400W (Poor)
--> New station for the overall log.

1450 WENI NY Corning - 30-Nov-2008 1323 UTC - Talk or call-in show. Community notices for organizations in Corning. Address given for sending in notices: 21 E. Market St., Corning, NY. No ID, but address given is that of WENI so identity is certain. Long deep fade-outs. 1 / 0.93 kW. Sangean DT-400W (Poor).
--> New station for the overall log.

1240 CJCS ON Stratford - 30-Nov-2008 1738 UTC - Oldies: ELO's "Sweet Talking Woman", Bryan Adams, Paul Simon. ID as "AM 1240 CJCS". 1 kW. Sangean DT-400W (Poor)
--> I actually heard most of this on my car radio (where the signal was fair to good). Had the DT-400W with me, so I got out of the car and tuned it in on that in order to log it on an ultralight. This is a semi-local station but I have not been able to hear it at my home. But just a few miles to the west, it comes in with a usable signal during the day. (For Toronto folks: my home is near Yonge St., and I got this near Keele St. So the edge of CJCS's daytime groundwave coverage appears to be somewhere between those two streets.)

Best,
Greg Shoom
VE3LXL