Morning Loggings: One Totally New State

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Except for the Cabin Fever Sprint last March, I've not done any Ultralighting from Oklahoma until this morning, when I decided to get started. I logged ten new stations, most rather easy/normal for this area. However, cx seemed particularly good to the North and I stumbled upon 550-KFYR, Bismark, ND. When I was DXing here as a kid (1953-1960), the one Western state that I could NOT get was North Dakota. They are rather easier now, but this is still my first one! Really pleased. Also snagged CFFR in Calgary on 660 at the end of dawn enhancement.

I also listened for a while to what is rapidly becoming a favorite station, KROF-960 in the null of our semi-local in Enid. KROF, "The Gator!" is in Abbeville, southwestern Louisiana and has been coming in both morning and evening. The format is mostly Classic Cajun with a few Classic 50s rock thrown in... They are REALLY authentic and stream on the web at www.thegator.com What fun!!!

John B.
Stillwater, OK, USA
Rcvrs: Hotrodded NRD-535, Slider e100's
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array