MW/LW reception at sea

cap_cstorey <cap_cstorey@...>

Not sure if anyone has tried this before but I am taking a 3 day Mexico cruise later this year from Los Angeles (California) to Mazatlan and back. I think I will take my PL380 with me and try my luck at maritime mobile MW DX'ing. Has anyone had any success at this from aboard a cruise ship? What kind of electrical interference did you encounter? Are the Mexican MW stations also on 9khz channel spacing? I'd be interested in LW too, but I don't know if I will have time to add an external 7.5" ferrite antenna to the radio. I am still trying to figure out how/if a swappable MW/LW ferrite can be done and the LW on my 380 is horrible as we all know.

Chris