Re: Need Help with a PL-600 and MTM Loop

Mark/airchecklover

You should notice a sizable boost. My trouble-shooting brain says check the wiring again. Did you scrape the enamel off the wire? Are the two loop wires connected to the correct capacitor terminals? I rcv'd my MTM from an eBay seller - cheap - because it "didn't work". Yup - it was the wiring.

-Mark

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jje642001" <jje642001@...> wrote:

I just finished an MTM Loop today and have tried it with my PL-600. However, I hear no improvement. I have placed the radio within the loop, pointed the long side of the radio at the center of the loop, and had the two antennae in a collinear fashion. Tuning the cap shows no improvement in the signal or distinct peak.

What could I be doing wrong? I verified the solder connection to the capacitor thinking it may not be a sound join.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
jje64