Re: Need Help with a PL-600 and MTM Loop

Kevin Schanilec

You may want to put the radio just outside the loop, perhaps several inches outside, in either "facing" or "adjacent" orientation. There is an article "Using Passive Loop Antennas" in Folder 5 here in the Files section which help, especially the first page.

Hope this helps - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jje642001" <jje642001@...> wrote:

I just finished an MTM Loop today and have tried it with my PL-600. However, I hear no improvement. I have placed the radio within the loop, pointed the long side of the radio at the center of the loop, and had the two antennae in a collinear fashion. Tuning the cap shows no improvement in the signal or distinct peak.

What could I be doing wrong? I verified the solder connection to the capacitor thinking it may not be a sound join.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
jje64