Re: ULR DX....3 NEW Stations at SUNRISE today!!!...........

robert ross

On 2011-09-08, at 10:51 AM, Kirk wrote:

Rob,

Congratulations on the THREE new stations! I'll bet hearing the new sta under your lcl was a hoot! Wishing you many more good DX-filled sessions,
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK

Thanks Kirk...I was surprised to hear the Station on 1290 Khz under my Local. I remember many years ago I was able to null this local using a 4 Foot Box Loop..and log a few Stations under them, however this was the first time I've ever been able to null them out with a ULR!! For some reason when I'm in the Basement I can null 1290 CJBK to varying degrees....but never to the extent that I could ID something under them!! So....whatever was happening today was most welcome here!!

To log the 3 New Stations in an hour was also a Big Surprise!! I logged 4-5 New Ones at the end of August and then was completely shut out for the first week of September...I was starting to get worried that I had logged everything possible from here....using a ULR!! Apparently there are still a few stations left that I have not heard!! HAHAHAH....

So...that's the way it goes...they come in Clumps of 3, I guess....I hope the next clump doesn't take a week to materialize!!

73.........ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA