Re: Kaito KA-212

ginger_92@rocketmail.com

I think I will stay away from it, especially after reading some comments here. I stumbled on it looking for the best price on a PL-380 or Pl-606, haven't made up my mind on which one yet.

Ginger OKC

--- In ultralightdx@..., "ferrite61" <dxrx@...> wrote:

It does look to be a typo on the reported dimensions.. Degen shows 125x76x28 mm not *176*. That would be be the size of a DR-920/DE-212/R-911/WRX911. Plenty of room and lack of shielding for internal birdies :P

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@..., Neil Goldstein <neilgoldstein@> wrote:

This radio appears to be a DEGEN DE212

http://www.degen.com.cn/product/product_detail.asp?id=17&producttype=%CA%FD%D7%D6%CF%D4%CA%BE%CA%D5%D2%F4%BB%FA

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:42 PM, farmerik <farmerik@> wrote:

**

On the recent SONY radios I brought in from the UK and Asia, the sellers
listed to dimentions of the factory box it would ship in, instead of just
the radio it self. - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Ginger J" <ginger_92@> wrote:

I think the Kaito website is wrong, it says 125mm x 176mm x 30mm. Amazon
says 5" x 1.2" x 3" and Sears says 4.95" x 2.99" x 1.18".
I think the Kaito site should say 125mm x 76mm x 30mm, which would be
4.92" x 2.95" x 1.18" or close enough. Might have to try it out.

Ginger OKC

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@>
wrote:

Hi Ginger:

Interesting, no-frills radio: there doesn't seem to be much out there
on this model, though, regarding performance. Alas, in looking at the Kaito
web site, it measures a "massive" 40 cubic inches (it's around 5x7 inches),
so a little over twice the max allowed for an Ultralight.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, Wa

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Ginger J" <ginger_92@> wrote:

This might be old news but new to me, the Kaito KA-212. I saw it on
their website. It looks like a digital version of the R-911, WRX911. The
case looks really similar. A search found it to be $22.00 + s
hipping at Sears outlet stores, Kaito wants $30.00 + shipping.

Ginger OKC

--
Neil Goldstein KD2APZ
http://www.neilgoldstein.com