Re: TECSUN R-2010 link-FARMERIK

Rik

I noticed the analog tuned DSP IC has Bass and Treble control functions. Might end up in a 'lunch box' size radio too? I would miss the Tropical SW bands, and LW would have been nice, but it still is very interesting. I spotted an other analog tuned IC with a digital reader output.
All these new IC's from SiLabs should bring out a whole new generation of very interesting portable radios!- FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Michael" <michael.setaazul@...> wrote:

Look at this array - and swoon !
Unfortuantely, I don�t think I could order 10.000 chips...

http://www.silabs.com/products/audiovideo/amfmreceivers/Pages/default.aspx

Michael UK

----- Original
Message --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Steve Ratzlaff" <steveratz@> wrote:

SiLab's datasheet for the new series "wheel tuned" DSP IC used in this
Tecsun radio has been available since about the first of the year. I don't
see anything on it that changes the AM or FM performance from the older
SiLab IC used in the current ULR DSP radios like the PL-380. And there is no
provision for LF reception. It seems to be optimized for low cost
mass-produced radios. And despite the nice "2010" name (remisniscent of the
good Sony 2010 receiver), there is no provision for an AM sync detector or
SSB.
Steve