Re: TECSUN R-2010 link-FARMERIK

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

Look at this array - and swoon !
Unfortuantely, I dont think I could order 10.000 chips...

http://www.silabs.com/products/audiovideo/amfmreceivers/Pages/default.aspx

Michael UK

----- Original
Message --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Steve Ratzlaff" <steveratz@...> wrote:

SiLab's datasheet for the new series "wheel tuned" DSP IC used in this
Tecsun radio has been available since about the first of the year. I don't
see anything on it that changes the AM or FM performance from the older
SiLab IC used in the current ULR DSP radios like the PL-380. And there is no
provision for LF reception. It seems to be optimized for low cost
mass-produced radios. And despite the nice "2010" name (remisniscent of the
good Sony 2010 receiver), there is no provision for an AM sync detector or
SSB.
Steve