Re: TECSUN R-2010 link-FARMERIK

Leo Barmaleo

SW band is somewhat truncated, starts from 5.6 MHz

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2011 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Re: TECSUN R-2010 link-FARMERIK

SiLab's datasheet for the new series "wheel tuned" DSP IC used in this
Tecsun radio has been available since about the first of the year. I don't
see anything on it that changes the AM or FM performance from the older
SiLab IC used in the current ULR DSP radios like the PL-380. And there is no
provision for LF reception. It seems to be optimized for low cost
mass-produced radios. And despite the nice "2010" name (remisniscent of the
good Sony 2010 receiver), there is no provision for an AM sync detector or
SSB.
Steve