Re: Affordable (?) 7" Diameter FSL Design

Phil Pasteur

Ok,
Thanks for the info. I got the variable cap, Litz, and ferrite rods all on order. Going to Walmart in search of a funnoodle. Will visit my local Home Depot to see about the rest of the pieces.

This should be interesting. I haven't wound a coil in 20 some years...
:)

Phil

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, D1028Gary@... wrote:

Phil,

The "Funnoodle" floating tube (actually a swimming aide for kids) is
the inner core material used for all my FSL's, and provides the perfect
combination of resilience and stiffness, even for very heavy FSL's (up
to 25 pounds). It has a convenient hole through the middle, to exactly
fit a 3/4" diameter PVC pipe section for your FSL's horizontal hanging
frame. A photo of the "Funnoodle" (and other FSL core materials) is
posted at http://www.mediafire.com/i/?sb60cm5c31e8tw4

The "Funnoodle" flolating tube is available here locally at both
Walmart and Fred Meyer stores, and costs only about $4 for a 6-foot
long tube. That should be long enough for you to make about 15 FSL's
with it :-)

73, Gary