Re: PL-310

Kevin Schanilec

Hey Russ:

This is from the manual - to turn LW on/off:
- Turn off the radio.
- Press and hold the [MW/LW] button until "ON" or "OFF" appears in the display: if " OFF" appears in the display, this means LW is turned off.

So, I guess do this until it toggles to "ON"?

Hope this helps - Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@..., Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@...> wrote:

I had purchased my PL-310 mostly for FM DX, and have found it to be one of the least intuitive radios I've ever owned, and often the manual is of no help.

Before I come to the conclusion that I got a defective unit in one respect, I cannot get it to tune Longwave at all. Pressing the MW/LW selection switch as the manual suggests does indeed toggle the indicator between "on" and "off" for LW, however regardless, I cannot key in LW frequencies, nor can I tune them.

Am I missing something that the manual doesn't really say or has anyone else noted this problem ?

Returning it isn't really an option as I've had it over a month, plus absent an external antenna it isn't going to do much on LW anyway.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@...>