From: mischabronstring
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: 02 September 2011 18:50
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Longwave Question

I have both the Roberts Sports 925 and the R9924, both of which are, in my opinion, *excellent* LW
performers. Of all the radios I own, including the larger ones (ATS909, PL660), they are the best on
LW and I recommend them to anyone interested in ULR LW DX-ing. From my location in The Netherlands,
I hear BBC4, RTE Ireland, Germany, France, Monaco in the daytime. Poland, The Chech Republic and
Algeria are clear at night. They're built like a tank, and not very expensive.

Regards,
Mischa

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Michael" <michael.setaazul@...> wrote:

I have a Sports 925, which is average on MW and LW -
not least due to short ferrite, alignment and tracking
issues. An external inductively coupled ferrite or loop
helps, of course. Nominally, it covers 150-280kHz and
530-1710kHz. The chip is the ubiquitous CXA1619BM,
the data sheet of which is easily searched. I have not been
able to locate the R925 schematic on the net. I am curious
about the configuration of the MW and LW windings and switching.

If anyone has found the R925 schematic, please post a link!

Michael UK