From: dhsatyadhana
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Longwave Question

There are a few UK radios that, on paper, may well qualify as ULRs and which have LW coverage. The
Roberts (Sangean) R9924, Sports 925 and Sports 994, and the "Steepletone Mw/Lw/Fm Sports Receiver
Pocket Radio", were all spotted on Amazon.co.uk just now. They are all analog sets, so while one
could fine tune them, knowing what frequency you are on could be a challenge. Also, I presume that
they could be easily re-aligned to provide coverage at least into the 300+ kHz range for beacons.

The Roberts Sports 988 looks like a Sangean DT200 with LW, so digital but likely with 9 khz tuning
steps and strictly limited to 153-279 khz.

Do any of you in the UK have any experience with these sets???

Kevin S