Re: Another morning of good TP reception

bbwrwy

Gary:

Thanks for all the assistance you've provided in hearing TP stations.

I can't believe how easy it has been to hear them with the SRF-T615
and E100. The E100 definitely has a selectivity edge which makes it
easier to hear the Japanese stations. When coupled to my old Space
Magnet antenna it is quite good, especially at the lower end of the AM
band where the E100 sensitivity falls off. I imagine it's very
similar to a slider E100.

Through the years, JOUB 774 has been the most consistently heard
trans-oceanic station here. But, I have a problem that probably
doesn't bother Kirk who is about 30 miles northeast of me. It is KSPI
780, Stillwater OK, which signs on after 1100 UTC. I'd think he has
an easier time nulling their signal and hearing JOUB later than me.

One thing I don't understand is why I'm able to hear TP signals when
geomagnetic activity blocks TA reception. From what I can find much
more has been written about how to receive European AM stations than
Asians.

Have a good weekend.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W