Re: Another morning of good TP reception

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

I managed to get up early this morning for some DX'ing also. I also
heard audio on 3 different Japanese stations, but later than what
Richard did. Thanks to John and Richard for the heads up!

594, JOAB, Tokyo, 1215 UTC but only hrd audio on this one until 1221
UTC.

747, JOIB, Sapporo, hrd with audio at 1245 UTC, faded a few minutes
later and didn't return.

774, JOUB, Akita, 1233-1245, The best of the 3. Hrd with a copiable
signal with what definitely sounded like part of an English lesson
hosted by a male and female. The W spoke the EE, and the M did the
JJ. This station is really exciting to hear an a ULR at the lvl it
was this morning.

I show our lcl SR here to be around 1320 right now though. VG
conditions during the last day it seems. Speaking of 1320, I also
noted a loud het near 1320 khz this morning besides some of the hets
Richard has mentioned. All these were hrd on the Eton E-100 Slider.
None were audible on the Eton E-100 stock barefoot.

73's
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "bbwrwy" <richarda@...> wrote:

Yhis morning I had the best reception of NHK stations so far this
season. Listeners in the southeastern states might have been able
hear at least one of the NHK stations.

883 Very strong het at 1033 UTC. Listen until 1052 without hearing
any audio.

774 JOUB Akita J was heard continuously at good to barely audible
signal strength, with random fading and WBBM/XEMF 780 QRM, at 1101-
1137. No audio heard after 1137.

747 JOIB Sapporo J at 1137-1139 with good signal strength and WSB
750
QRM. Program was parallel to JOUB.

594 JOAB Tokyo J at good signal strength, with random fading and
KXSP
590 QRM, at 1257-1328.

531 Weak het at 1141. QRM from Radio Enciclopedia 530 and "LYG"
NDB
(Roseanne Airport, Manchester TN) on 529 kHz.

666 Weak het at 1149 UTC.

972 Slight het at 1328-1334.

I listened on an Etón E100 and Space Magnet antenna. JOAB and JOUB
were also heard on a barefoot SRF-T615.

From recent observations it appears JOUB and JOIB are more likely
be heard from after sunset at transmitter until about 1130 UTC.
However, reception of JOAB, the last two mornings, has been later
at
around local sunrise (1120 UTC).

Best wishes for a good DXing weekend.

Richard Allen