Re: Can an FSL Antenna get Interference from a Strong Local Station?

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

----- Original Message -----

From: jerry_popiel
Subject: Can an FSL Antenna get Interference from a Strong Local Station?
. . .
My question is does anyone know that if I build a new FSL, will I be subjected to
this same Interference from my local 50,000 watt station?
Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry
------------

Jerry, my guess is that a FSL would be subject to your 50kW neighbour.
However, if well-built, rotating it to null the local would help - unless a
wanted station was in line with the unwanted one. Gary and others who have
built FSLs will be able to respond with more authority and their experience.

I would be intruigued to know whether a secondary ferrite or FSL in proximity
to the main one could be tuned and positioned to usefully "absorb" an intruding signal.
Relative positioning would be critical - if it works at all. If the FSL were directly wired
into the receiver, inserting a notch filter or phasing network would probably be better
- but then we would be wandering away from simplicity and uldx maxims!

Michael UK