Re: PL310 vs PL380

Kevin Schanilec

Hi Francesco:

The PL-310 is a bit more sensitive than the PL-380. The ferrite loopstick antenna in the PL-310 is presumably much smaller than the one in the YB-400, and tuned more for MW than LW, so many of us have found that an external antenna on LW is a must.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "FrancescoP" <fparisi@...> wrote:

I just bought a PL310 and I am not enthusiast about its sensitivity both MW and SW: Degen 1102 does much better...

In LW band I can't listen nothing during daylight while my YB400 receives well several french stations.

Was wondering if PL380 performs better that PL310.

Thanks in advance.