Re: Ultralight Anniversary Award for Kevin Schanilec

satya@...

Hi all:

Wow, I'm speechless! Truly, this is an incredible demonstration of
generosity and kindness.

Gary and John's constant font of enthusiasm and generosity have been an
inspiration. The comaradery that has sprung up since this all started has
been fabulous, and knowing that there are many others out there who enjoy
this hobby has made this a great year for me and I know for many others.

I have been having a lot of fun figuring out to get more DX out of these
little wonders, which has been its own reward. To DX with a souped-up
e100 would be even better.

All I can really say is....thank you!!!

Kevin

Hello Guys,

The Ultralight Radio enthusiast group has many things to be thankful
for today-- an exciting new way to enjoy AM-DXing, a well established
awards
and records program, a fantastic Canadian web site for group
communication--
and a core group of dedicated DXers who helped start and organize the
movement.

We are especially thankful for the outstanding DXer who gave us the
"Ultralight Radio" name-- Kevin Schanilec. From the very beginning of
the
movement, Kevin has played a central role in promoting, reviewing and
testing
Ultralight radios, as well as contributing many outstanding technical
articles
(including his classic description of audio phasing techniques). Kevin's
technical and equipment review articles have been extremely popular on
the DXer.Ca
web site, and Kevin has volunteered his time to serve on both the
Ultralight
Definitions Committee, and the Ultralight Contest Committee.

Recently Kevin has written another classic technical file,
describing
the use of Passive Loop Antennas. Kevin has continually been a leader in
the
experimentation to boost Ultralight radio reception using inductively
coupled
active and passive loop systems, providing an inexpensive way for
apartment
and townhouse DXers to increase the performance of their Ultralight
radios.

In appreciation of Kevin's outstanding contributions to the
Ultralight
Radio DX movement, he will now have a new radio to enjoy during this
winter
DX season-- a new, fully modified E100 Ultralight (Slider loopstick and
Murata CFJ455K5 IF filter), designed as the ultimate stand-alone AM-DXing
portable for both 9 KHz split DXing, and for domestic DXing. This
fanatical
creation will hopefully express the appreciation of all Ultralight Radio
DXers for
Kevin's generous and innovative efforts, in promoting our exciting new
niche
hobby.

On behalf of the Ultralight Radio leadership, I take great pleasure
in
presenting Kevin with this Founders Award, and know that other ULR DXers
will
join me on this Thanksgiving Day in expressing their gratitude for his
many
contributions!

73 and Good DX,

Gary DeBock and John Bryant (for the Ultralight Radio DXing Group)

AOL.com.