recent loggings barefoot/stock, & Happy Thanksgiving

Tim Davisson

Recent new ULR loggings on the little SRF-59:

850 WYLF/Pen Yan, NY at 5:40pm w/standards (I have a local on
850kHz. who's less than 20 air miles from my home! They were *ON* at
the time!)

810 WHB/Kansas City at 5:57pm w/WGY Schenectady nulled.
740 KRMG/Tulsa at 5:59pm w/CKZM Toronto nulled.
540 CBK/Regina at 6:50am overtop CBEF in Windsor w/CBC-1 network.
560 WMIK/Middleboro, KY at 6:02am.
970 WBLF/Bellefonte, PA at 6:16am w/a LOCAL morning show, who's
announcer had such an incredible voice I thought it was network. It
was local. Wow!

Up to 231 UL stations heard...but, only DX 3 or 4 total hours a
week...usually at sunrise or sunset here in Ohio. ULR is a real
thrill. And to do it with a $14.00 radio with ZERO modifications and
no outside antenna...that's the real fun of it for me.

To fellow US-based ULR hobbyists: Happy Thanksgiving from Ohio.

73's,

Tim, KD8GZ
Norton, Ohio (south of Cleveland)