Re: Sony ICF-22 / ICF-S10MK2

lrdheat

I find the SONY ICF-S10MK2 to be nearly as sensitive as the Sangean DT-400W. It is not as selective (as the Sangean), but has a fuller, more pleasing sound through headphones. Nulling is very good on the SONY. It's a fun set, especially at night.

The SONY is monaural...headphones must be capable of monaural listening. The SONY does not reach to 1700 Khz...mine gets up through 1660 Khz.

Richard "Heatwave" Berler

--- On Thu, 8/18/11, Powell E. Way III wrote:

Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Re: Sony ICF-22 / ICF-S10MK2
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 1:38 PM

The CC SWP sounds FAR better than the DT-400W.  This was with a headphone check. Same for the mentioned Sony. The Sony WILL drive a speaker ! 

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads DOT net

--- On Thu, 8/18/11, Jay wrote:

I don't think the ICF-S10 MK2 is that hot, on AM at least as a stand-aloen radio. I have tried two of them and they were quite comparable. Someone here said it sounds a lot better than the DT400W, and that's true on the built-in speakers, but the DT400W's speaker is really only for utility purposes...that radio is clearly designed to be used with ear buds which come with it. But in terms of reception the Sangean is far superior to the Sony on AM and FM...they aen't in teh same category.

The Sony S10 MK12 is quite comparable by the way to the also inexpensive Sangean SR-35...both are fairly minimal performers, although they are fun, especially with a loop.

Jay

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.