Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:50 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Wow! Oh, WOW! A Japanese Morning from OKlahoma

We are just settling in here in north central Oklahoma and I only have the NW-SE leg of the Wellbrook Array up and running. Snuggie the DX Kitty got me up at 1200 (LSR=1310) and almost on a lark, I tried 774 for Japan with my hotrodded NRD-535... nothing.  But there was a definite het on 747 (about a 2 or 3 on the NW Scale).  I decided to try 828... just a 2, but clearly a het, so I decided to do a quick sweep of the band, starting at 531, as usual.  NHK1  Morioka is almost always there on decent JJ mornings from my NW site... but almost always at "mumble" level. No way did I expect a het on 531 from here in OKlahoma...BUT, there it was, at a 2!  There were better hets on 567(!), 594 and 693, but nothing was close to audio.

I had other things to do and hoped that LSR here would bring more bounty. It did.... not great amounts, but still really amazing from OKlahoma:

.