Re: Eligible Stations

satya@...

Hey George:

I agree with Kirk - the Select-A-Tenna and Terk are essentially the same
antenna and their performance should be fairly indistinguishable. Radio
Intel found this to be true.
(see http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm ).

Any ULR will respond well to an air-core loop like the Terk, while it is
more unpredictable using a ferrite passive loop like the Quantum Stick.
Given the Terk's price, it's really hard to go wrong. The gain with the
DT-200 should be about equal to that of a slider e100 - I have found that
a Sony SRF-59 with a Terk loop is much more sensitive than even a
fully-aligned Sony S5W, the barefoot sensitivity king. If you are handy
with a soldering iron, retrofitting the DT-200's filter with something
more narrow would give you quite the rig.

Re Select-A-Tenna: I know that the Select-A-Tenna has a version that is
active as well, but at that price (200 bucks or so?) you may as well get a
Quantum Loop with a Quantum Coupler and have the steerability, variable Q
and variable gain controls.

Hope this helps - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "George Keller" <gekeller@...>
wrote:

My goal is to log at least 100 bareback, and then I'm
thinking about buying a loop, maybe a Terk. Has anybody had any
experience pairing a Terk with a DT-200?

Good DXing,

George / W2GEK
Hi George,

I've not had any experience with the DT-200, but lately I've been doing
some comparisons between the Terk and the Select-a-Tenna. Both loops
are really good, especially when used in conjunction with the Eton E-
100 slider. (Well, in a lot of cases anyway)
So far I can't tell any difference between the performance of those
two. I know this doesn't specifically answer your querry, so just take
it for whatever it's worth.
73's.
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK