Re: which one is ultralight

ef.johnson <ef.johnson@...>

I'm going to jump in and say DSP is an advanced feature akin to SSB on the G6, and therefore any portable with DSP should be excluded as well.

EF (an owner of the G6 and the PL606 and prefers the G6)

--- In ultralightdx@..., Rick Robinson <w4dst@...> wrote:

In my opinion the standards of the ULR list regarding what is and what
isn't an ultralight radio are quite arbitrary a. Both the S350DL and
the PL-660 are too large physically to be considered ULRs. However the
Grundig G6 is smaller that most ULRs, and a better stock MW receiver
sensitivity-wise than my stock Tecsun PL-380, but it is not considered a
ULR due to its having a BFO/SSB circuit. It costs less than $100 which
qualifies it as a ULR according to list guidelines, while a Sony T615 is
$145 on ebay which should disqualify it but doesn't in the eyes of some
ULR members. Go figure...

I'll bet the G6 is merely the first of many small portables with SSB
capabilities that will come along. Synchronous AM can't be too far
behind as a feature in small ULR sized portables. Tecsun and Degen both
have a good thing going with Grundig and the Chinese ebay dealers and
I'm sure they realize that.

Rick W4DST
I have two receivers Grundig s350dl and a Tecsun PL660 .Are they consider Ultralight¿