Re: Off the shelf amplified antennas for LW and AM BCB?

Rik

The SONY comes with an 'L' shaped base with the inductive coupler in it, which you lay your radio against for AM and LW. In the photo it may show only the back of the 'L'. There is a curved rubber pad for the radio to rest on the other side. It is made for use with portables.

I do have a Stormwise ferrite rod antenna in PVC which I bought already assembled from them. I tried to tune it with a cap, and with the PL-360, but I couldn't get it to do much. It is about 18 inches long. It probably does not have the correct winding, wire or ferrite mix inside I guess. The TERK, SAT and Gary's two 7.5 inch ferrite's are all much better. I expect Kevin's design works very well though.

-FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., Jerry Popiel <jerry_popiel@...> wrote:

Thanks Farmerik,�yes we had an old Short Wave radio many years ago, and like you said reception was as clear as a bell.�
�
I agree�with you - I'd also like to find something Portable�that can be carried outside,�is light, & could be inductively coupled to my Tecsun PL 380, or G3 radios. �Have you seen the writeup of�"The Monster Loopstick" by Kevin S�/ Bainbridge Island, WA?�Maybe one of those Monster Stormwise 18 inch Ferrite Rod Antennas might work well for you?�It is relatively Portable in an 24 inch PVC Conduit.........�BUT it requires some constructing & ordering of parts.�But I don't think it will help with Shortwave. I wonder how well it receives�on MW and LW?
�
Jerry���

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.