Re: Crystal set loops

Graeme Zimmer <gzimmer@...>

Should help out quite a bit in helping hear signals in the noise or
separate stations in a congested market
What? I guess I didn't explain very well.

What I meant by "Crystal Set" is to add a diode and a pair of sensitive headphones to a FSA and see what it can pick up compared with a single conventional loop-stick.

If it's got 30db gain (as is sometimes claimed) it should be loud, even without an external antenna.

You may need to travel close to a BC transmitter to hear anything in the headphones, but it would certainly be a revealing and definitive test.

If it isn't any louder (than a conventional rod), then it would indicate that any perceived improvement would be due to added Selectivity. Or Something.