From: Pollock,Raphael E <rpollock@...>
To: 'ultralightdx@...' <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Wed, Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm
Subject: RE: [ultralightdx] Which Litz Wire (660 / 46 or 100/44) is
BetterTo Order for 7,5 Fixed Loop?

Hi Jerry! I have used both 100/44 and 660/46 Litz wire to wrap a 38
turnprimary winding on a 19” 125 mu ferrite bar, terminating in a 365
pfdvariable capacitor for tuning the MW band. In this context the
difference in Sunits as measured on my Palstar R30a was typically 7 vs
S+30 for most stations.There were many stations barely audible with the
100/44 coil that could bereally well heard using the 660/46 wrap. I
don’t know if this wouldtranslate into comparable results with a FSL
antenna set up but it sure makes adifference with monster ferrite bar
antennas that only have one ferrite rod,albeit one that is 19” long x
1” wide… From:ultralightdx@...