From: "sloshatron" <wa1gwh@twcny.rr.com>

Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 22:58:16
To:ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ultralightdx] fanatical mega-loopstick question

Hi Gary;

When you measure the recycled coils on the LCR meter, are you
checking only the L or are you somehow taking into account any C
differences between the original and tranplant coils (either on or
off the ferrite bars)? This would be the distributed capacity of the
coils.

If this is working with just L measurements that would be great and
much easier for folks to duplicate.

Also, I'm still thinking about air core coils (small loop antenna
style) to replace the original ferrite loopstick. I realized that if
spider web construction was used it would be much easier to take off
turns and portions of turns and if necessary to add them back on if
the best spot was missed in the iterative alignment process. A
spider web coil form could be cut out of plastic with one spoke
extending way out to mount the form to the radio in the same way as
your ruler idea.

TNX,

Garry Nichols
near Syracuse, NY