Re: Sony SRF-T615 noise-cut

Brian Miller

I'm no tech expert on radios, but I believe it would be considered an attenuator not an RF modifier.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "greekandlatin" <greekandlatin@...> wrote:

Thank for the response. Is the noise-cut a kind of attenuator or rf modifier? Does it affect sensitivity?

Andy

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Jerry" <brianalexmiller@> wrote:

The noise-cut lowers interference but it doesn't eliminate it

--- In ultralightdx@..., "greekandlatin" <greekandlatin@> wrote:

OK, thanks Brian. For listening to FM I almost always use my SRF-S84, anyway, which I've found to be just as selective as the aforementioned DSP radios, though not quite as sensitive.

I wonder if someone would mind explaining the "noise cut" feature on the t615 - what does it do?

Thanks again,
Andy

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Jerry" <brianalexmiller@> wrote:

Hi Andy,

I'll post some over the next couple hours as I have to leave for a bit after I post this.

The radio can be used in the case. The FM section is perfectly acceptable for moderate to strong locals, but I wouldn't count on it to pull in distant weak signals such as those from a college or high school station. Not the way a Tecsun DSP ultralight would anyway.

The MW DX capabilities of this radio are well documented in this group and elsewhere.

Brian

--- In ultralightdx@..., "greekandlatin" <greekandlatin@> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone who owns a Sony SRF-T615 could post some pictures of the sides of the radio, i.e. the controls. I'm thinking about springing for one of these but I can't seem to find any detailed pictures of the controls. Also - is the radio able to be operated while in the case? One more thing - how does the SRF-T615 perform on FM?

Thanks,
Andy