Re: Gary DeBock Receives Ultralight Radio Founders Award

Gary DeBock

Hello Guys,

     Apparently the multi-talented John Bryant is capable of much more than superb organization and fantastic technical innovation--  he also appears to be a Master of secret scheming.

     It was a total surprise to receive the attractive and unique Founder Award, expertly prepared by John, and presented by Guy Atkins last night.  The secret planning for this group effort was entirely successful, resulting in the complete astonishment of the recipient.  John created a very stylish and memorable Award design (only partially visible in the photo), which is a perfect example of his unique creativity.  Signatures of 13 prominent Ultralight DXers (John Bryant, Rob Ross, Kirk Allen, Gil Stacy, Allen Willie, Guy Atkins, Nick Hall-Patch, Steve Ratzlaff, Kevin Schanilec, Steve Ponder, Olaf Haenssler, Russ Edmonds and Mark Gerwlivch) grace the Award, which are all deeply appreciated.  Thank you all for your signatures, and thanks also to others like Joe Miller, who wished to sign but were unable to fax their signatures to John.  The other 100 members on the Ultralightdx Yahoo team are referenced in the Award, and I deeply appreciate the contributions from each of you, in creating the exciting Ultralight DXing culture that we enjoy today.

     As mentioned previously to John, I feel somewhat unworthy of such a high Award, but that certainly will not stop me from prominently displaying it on the wall!

     Ultralight Radio DXing is certainly a group sensation, fueled by the creative efforts of over 100 dedicated hobbyists.  Thanks to all who have contributed in making our first year so exciting and memorable, and I feel very honored to be a part of this innovative, creative team of highly enthusiastic DXers.

     73 and Best Wishes,

     Gary DeBock