Re: Crawling up to 800 Stations Logged

John Cereghin <jcereghin@...>

Good job Kirk.  I'm at 784 right now after adding WENI-1450 Corning NY to the log last week.  I hope to be at 800 stations by the end of the year.

I'm in Greenwood, Nova Scotia for the week (4th of July in Canada and all that) so I'll be trying to add to my 115 ULR stations in my Canada UL log.  The AM band is dead here with just a handful of stations, and I'm not sure I'll be able to do much TA or Newfoundland DXing this week.  I'm concentrating on the FM band this week as it's more interesting up here.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM, Kirk <billybobhuxley@...> wrote:

I've just one more new station to report on the uphill journey to log 800 different stations on ULR's. Hrd this one on the Sony T-615 w/ SAT. Also audible at equal listenability on my Eton E-100 Slider w/ SAT.

760, WURL, Moody, AL,1950 UTC, 7/2/11, hrd some rel tlk followed by lcl anmts and ads with mentions of southern Alabama and other AL business/QTH's. Also hrd a program promo hosted by Carl Richardson aired in the mornings I think. Seemed to be using the slogan "Love Radio." VG sig during sig peaks. ULR Sta #766-

It's snooze time here. I'm getting up before SR for some bass fishing. Look out largemouths, here we come ready or not!

73,

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK

--