Re: Calling John Bryant / Firsts and distance records

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

How much difference did the tweak make? I have a number of headphones;
the Sennheiser HD 420 sounds the best.

My SRF-59 and 39FP are stock; at some point I'll have Gary work his
magic on them. I do not disassemble electronic equipment. Disaster is
sure to follow.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, Paul Logan <paulloganradio@...>
wrote:

Hi Dennis,

I have two SRF59's one was tweaked by me - as it turns out the tweak
brought radio # 2 up to the level of the other stock one in terms of
sensitivity so I may have got a "dud".

However I did get the 2nd radio to tune the x- band which the stock
Euro versions don't cover.

All of the TA signals outside the x band were heard completely
barefoot - x band catches were made by placing the radio inside a 4
foot loop.

Great little radio - I'm also very taken with its audio - I often
hear WLAA 1680 and the Mexican music sounds superb.