SRF-M37W curiosity

Steve KT5H

When I awoke this morning, there were way too many lightning crashes
on the MW band here, so I tuned to the weather band to listen to the
forecast.

In doing so, I noticed that the battery indicator showed full capacity
while on the MW band, but upon switching to either of the FM bands or
weather band, it fell to one bar.

Has anyone else experienced this with their M37W?

Do you know the cause?

Does the FM circuitry require substantially more current than the MW
circuitry, thus the battery indicator reflects that difference?

Just one of those things that make you go "hmmm..."

72 es gud dx,
Steve