Re: NO AC Adapter Included with Purchase of Tecsun PL 380?

Nick B.

My PL380 arrived today. Came with US outlet USB power adaptor (100-240v) and UK-US converter. These were extras in the packaging along with a USB cable and 3x 3000mA ni-mh cells. Ebay seller was g8hkshop, delivery to UK took 9 days.

The UK -> everything else travel adaptor looks very dodgy but the US->USB adaptor looks adequate.

--- In ultralightdx@..., Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 16:22, Neil Goldstein <neilgoldstein@...> wrote:

Mini B to standard USB cables are quite common even though the new standard is Micro B, and can be found even at the dollar stores.  Also, stores like WalMart carry universal cellphone chargers with Mini USB.  I didn't mind not getting an adapter with any of my USB-Rechargeable radios, because I have SO MANY devices with power-enabled USB ports that I can charge the radios almost anywhere (Chumby, DVD Player, PS3, Computer, etc).  I charge the Degen 1123 at work from the computer, and the Tecsun at home from an old Blackberry charger.  Another suggestion is to get a small MicroB to MicroA adapter so you can use the newer cellphone chargers you may already have.  Less to carry when you travel.

Eggsactly.

It also means that Tecsun doesn't have to worry about different wall
warts for different markets or UL certification in the US. Lowers
their shipping weight, too, which adds up when you sell thousands of
units.